added a couple more things:

iced98lx
Board Member
Board Member

First Name: Chris
Tank Overview: 29g BioCube & 180RR Build IP

Re: My DIY Tank & Light Controller + DIY LED Cannons

Postby iced98lx » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:36 am

So with the larger tank getting closer to completion I began contemplating how I would transition the controller from the 29 gallon bio cube to the 180 gallon tank. During the transition I've identified a large number of items I never got implemented on the small tank (pH, shift register for all 8 outlets, control of WP/DC pumps, water change automation) that would mean coding and testing (and possibly causing issues). Since the small tank is running very stable for the last 8 months and growing coral I plan to move to the 180 I don't want to disturb it. I also don't want to get in the same situation again, should I want to add on to the controller in the future.

So, that means I just need a second controller!

Just arrived today:
Netduino Plus 2
8 channel relay
temp sensors
16 channel 12bit PWM dimmer Shield
Screw Shield Wings

This will let me assemble my new second controller in the UPS carcass as I wanted to move the current one to, and let me prototype and test new code on the 180 as it's finishing cycle, battling the algae stages etc. Once it's running stable and has inhabitants, I'll empty the 29 gallon, and use it as a true 'development' setup: Test code on the 29 with few to no inhabitants, then if it's stable deploy it to the 180.

I haven't decided on a pH stamp and probe yet but that will come as well.

I also just ordered a set of 12v dosing pumps (cheap ones) to make a constant water change system a-la litermeter 3 with. I'll have some sort of calibration phase with them, as they are cheap enough they are unlikely to be overly accurate long term.
iced98lx
Board Member
Board Member

First Name: Chris
Tank Overview: 29g BioCube & 180RR Build IP

Previous

Return to D.I.Y.