DIY 15

Do It Yourself projects.

DIY 15

Postby wiscfour » Thu May 29, 2014 3:45 pm

Anybody cut 1/4 thickness non tempered glass? Is it diffiucult? I have a glass cutter and have successfully cut thinner glass. want to make a "sick fish" 15 gallon (long) tank. Like so many of yu, just thought it might be fun. Just for kicks.

Also, anybody have a larger tank with say one broken side or bottom that they want to dispose of. I thought I would take a hack at chopping it down.

Thanks everyone
wiscfour
SFAAS Supporting Member
SFAAS Supporting Member

Re: DIY 15

Postby aquaticgeek » Thu May 29, 2014 8:39 pm

What a great idea. I'll be watching progress.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
A balanced tank is a happy tank! :)
aquaticgeek
SFAAS Supporting Member
SFAAS Supporting Member

First Name: Chris
Tank Overview: 14 Dirted Planted Tanks and lots of Shrimp!

Postby wichers » Thu May 29, 2014 10:29 pm

I have a 40br yet if you missed my post in the buy/sell/trade section. They have been drilled and cracked on the back side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
MATT
wichers
Board Member
Board Member

First Name: Matt
Tank Overview: Sioux Falls Aquatics, 75G Mixed Reef and 300G Mixed Reef

Postby DIZZER » Fri May 30, 2014 3:34 pm

I attempted to cut a 75 gallon tank down to about 12 inches with a skill saw and a diamond cutting blade, had it all the way cut and and forgot to have someone hang on to the bottom half. It fell and cracked the face. It was going to be a sweet frag tank. It was just an extra I had sitting around. Wouldn't you know it, about a week later one of my kids shot my non extra 75 gallon tank with a BB gun and made a small hole in the upper half. So needless to say I'm now short a 75 gallon tank. On the bright side I get another shot at cutting a tank down.
"Good things happen to those who wait" so I'm gonna continue to kick back, put my feet up and wait. Should I happen to get the urge to do otherwise I'll close my eyes and wait for the feeling to pass. :)
DIZZER
SFAAS Supporting Member
SFAAS Supporting Member

First Name: Lucas

Return to D.I.Y.