new from Avon

Welcome to SFAAS! Take a minute to introduce yourself.

new from Avon

Postby spunky » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:07 pm

Hello all. I am originally from Sioux Falls and remember, oh say, 7 years ago when there was a group that met in the Oak View Branch Library monthly. I only got to visit once or twice before moving. Is this that same group by any chance?

I am a freshwater planted tank keeper. I have let them "go" in recent years and am now set to get them looking great again. I pulled up a lot of crypt and got some java fern for my 75gal (pictured below.) Still looking to add allisneria asiatica, Anubias nana and Anubias barteri. As far as fish, I am thinking a electric blue acara, some boesemanis, some zebra loaches (if I can find them) or yoyo loaches and a super red bristlenose (if I can find some online for a decent price when weather is shipping safe. I would probably like to get my 30 up and running again so I could breed a pair in there too.)

I am also sprucing up my 20 long in preparation for some (blue, yellow, orange?) shrimp and setting up my 5 gal for some pink ranshorn sails. I might have to check out the sales section and see if anyone has some around here (we go to sf every 2 weeks and rather no pay for shipping if I do not have to!)
spunky
SFAAS Supporting Member
SFAAS Supporting Member

First Name: Liz

Re: new from Avon

Postby Tangdiver » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:12 pm

Yes same group however many changes have happened over the years some good some bad

should goover to the sertoma butterfly house and marine cove check the freshwater and saltwater aquariums out there someday
Tangdiver
SFAAS Supporting Member
SFAAS Supporting Member

Postby spunky » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:33 am

Tangdiver wrote:Yes same group however many changes have happened over the years some good some bad

That is what happens to groups over time.... change, change, change. Though it still looks like the majority of you are still saltwater people. I remember thinking I was a nerdy fish person but at that first meeting, when they all talked, I was clueless. haha. It was fun anyway!
Tangdiver wrote:should goover to the sertoma butterfly house and marine cove check the freshwater and saltwater aquariums out there someday

We have thought about taking the kids, but it is spendy. We also have a Omaha Zoo pass, and have gotten to pet sting rays and star fish, and enjoyed their aquariums and butterfly house. We might need to figure out a time to visit to pet sharks though! Might be a nice thing to do around Christmas.
spunky
SFAAS Supporting Member
SFAAS Supporting Member

Postby Kerny » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:58 pm

spunky wrote: We have thought about taking the kids, but it is spendy.

It should be noted that you get a free pass to the SBH when you become a paid member of the SFAAS. #justsayin
The impossible often has a kind of integrity which the merely improbable lacks. ~Douglas Adams
Kerny
SFAAS Supporting Member
SFAAS Supporting Member

Tank Overview: 75g DT, beananimal, 6x39w T5+Moonies, N00b

Postby spunky » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:44 pm

Good thing I already planned on becoming one!
spunky
SFAAS Supporting Member
SFAAS Supporting Member

Return to New Member Introduction