Black Hills: Input/Adoptions for on Brine/Shrimp Tank?

Welcome to SFAAS! Take a minute to introduce yourself.

Black Hills: Input/Adoptions for on Brine/Shrimp Tank?

Postby bchan » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:35 am

Hi all!

Shout out to hobbyists in the Black Hills! I'm in RC for 1 year. Not sure if I'll be able to stick around after that, thanks to my job contract. However, while I'm here, I'm thinking about keeping a small aquarium.

Previously, I've had the most success with shrimp. In about 6 months, I went from 6 (cherries and ghosts) to 50 back home in Florida, give or take a couple of initial errors and problem-solving (sponge filter for the win). The biggest problem there was, of course, when I left I had to really scramble to find new homes for them! I wound up finding a few hobbyists who wanted to raise shrimp themselves, although I would also have been happy to give them to people who wanted live-in/feeder critters.

So I'm looking to see what kind of tanks are happening nearby, and what those aquarists would be happiest to adopt! I know this is kind of a strange way to go about things, but I don't want a repeat of all that stress LOL. If there are a lot of freshwater tanks happening around here, I might do ghost shrimp. However, brine shrimp look like they might be easier/more feasible at this point.

I'm thinking about only a 1-3 gallon tank; 5 gallons maximum.

Stay safe during the rally. :D
bchan

First Name: Nicole
Tank Overview: PENDING

Return to New Member Introduction