New here

Welcome to SFAAS! Take a minute to introduce yourself.

New here

Postby mrscalhoon » Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:41 pm

Hi,
My name is Candra. I am an elementary school teacher in Scotland and I have been working on setting up a small marine tank for my classroom. I am not new to fish-keeping, I have had tanks all of my life. My first saltwater tank was a 29 gallon FOWLR when we lived in Texas. My collcetion quickly escalated to four FOWLR tanks ranging from a 2.5 gallon pictope to a 40 gallon FOWLR and metal halides with the intent of keeping corals one day, then my brother died, we stayed with my parents a few months and my neighbor killed all of my fish. I was never able to get any of those tanks UAR again, so I sold them at a huge loss and we moved away from Texas. A few years after that move, I found an UAR 29 gallon FOWLR that I purchased, we moved again, so I had to give it up... this is a very hard hobby to have when you are in the military! My husband is no longer in the army and we are in a permanent home, and I am never moving again. I am currently in the process of getting the tank running for my classroom and because of its size, I'd like to mostly have corals, inverts and possibly a clown goby. I will be on this board to mostly seek advice on equipment and livestock for my tank. My daughter also has a freshwater community tank.
In addition to my fish, I have three dogs, three cats, four kids, a husband and 13 laying hens.
mrscalhoon

First Name: Candra
Tank Overview: 10g nano FOWLR (some green mushrooms) 10G FW community

Return to New Member Introduction