IM Fusion 40

Member tank and build threads.

IM Fusion 40

Postby KJoFan » Sun May 21, 2017 11:13 am

My newest endeavor. All contents transferred from the Biocube 29 to a new IM Fusion 40 with a nice custom stand I picked up.

Running dual media baskets, one with just filter floss, the other with must MarinePure Spheres
Ghost mid-size skimmer
Eheim Compact+ 2000 for a return pump
2x AI Prime LEDs

There's one empty chamber in the back, debating whether to turn that into a fuge or pickup a small algae scrubber that will fit in that chamber. I'm leaning towards the algae scrubber at the moment.

On to the photos!

KJoFan
SFAAS Supporting Member
SFAAS Supporting Member

Re: IM Fusion 40

Postby SoDak » Mon May 22, 2017 8:34 am

You always have some good looking corals!

Do you like the AI Prime?
Steve
SoDak
SFAAS Supporting Member
SFAAS Supporting Member

Tank Overview: BC14 & 40B - 120g build in (slow) progress

Re: IM Fusion 40

Postby KJoFan » Mon May 22, 2017 1:56 pm

I only show the good ones. ;)

Seems like the Primes do the job for sure with soft corals and lps. Yet to be seen with sps. The only real complaint I have is the same one I have with most LED fixtures. So many settings/options you can spend your life fussing with it which isn't what you should be doing. So, I've tried to find a schedule/light rendering I'm satisfied with and leave it alone.

This is probably why I liked the Kessil when I had it. While you can adjust color and intensity with it, it was just one knob. White to blue, but adjusting each led wasn't possible. I liked the simplicity of that.

Either way I'll give the Primes some time and if things seem happy I'll stick with them.
KJoFan
SFAAS Supporting Member
SFAAS Supporting Member

Return to Members Tanks