Re: Dakota Reef's 270 Gallon Mixed Reef

Postby Pallan » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:52 pm

very nice phil
Pallan
SFAAS Supporting Member
SFAAS Supporting Member

Postby Korrine » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:27 pm

Lovely :) I always enjoy shots of your tank!
Live, laugh, love every day. That chance could be gone any minute.
Korrine
Board Member
Board Member

Tank Overview: 40g saltwater, 12g saltwater, 5g freshwater planted

Postby iced98lx » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:53 pm

Phil I think it's time for some updates!
iced98lx
Board Member
Board Member

First Name: Chris
Tank Overview: 29g BioCube & 180RR Build IP

Postby Dakota Reef » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:00 pm

iced98lx wrote:Phil I think it's time for some updates!

Hey Chris, you're right its long past time for an update. Unfortunately I don't have any new photos at the moment, but eventually I'll try and get some so you can see all the changes.

To keep a long story short - we bought a different house earlier this year which means I've been busy tearing down the display tank and frag tank, setting up temporary tanks at the new house, cleaning up all the "aquarium mods" in the old house so we could sell it, moving the tanks to the new house (with the invaluable help of several good reef club friends), buffing out nine years of scratches from the display tank and finally getting both tanks up and running.

After quite a bit of sweat and head-scratching and more help from the aforementioned reefing buddies, things are starting to come together.

I have to say a sincere thanks for all the help I've had. Grant, Matt, Chris, Willy, Rick, JD......and others I'm probably forgetting at the moment, thanks for help moving the tank, storing livestock and loaning me equipment. I really appreciate all the help.

The fish came through the move in pretty good shape. I lost my Red Flame Hawkfish when he jumped out of the temporary stock tank on his first night in the new house and my Starry Blenny and one damselfish disappeared. But all the larger, show fish survived the move and are back in their respective tanks.

The larger corals had to be fragged up to be moved and its taken much longer than I planned to start moving them into the display tank. I still don't have all the corals moved back into the display tank. Between work travel and other new house projects I neglected the frag tank too much this summer and it cost me a few sps colonies.

But, I guess that means I'll get to enjoy seeing some of the frags grow in to the new display. :)
- Phil -

Tanks: 270G Mixed Reef; 80G Frag Tank

Fish: Blonde Naso Tang, Copperband Butterfly, Long Nose Butterfly, Regal Angel, Majestic Angel, Potter's Angel, Royal Gramma, Rhomboid Wrasse, Pink Streaked Wrasse, Geometric Pygmy Hawkfish, Yellow Tail Blue Damsels, Midas Blenny, Lyretail Anthias, Chocolate Mimic Tang, Yellow Eye Kole Tang
Dakota Reef
SFAAS Supporting Member
SFAAS Supporting Member

Postby Dakota Reef » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:41 pm

So I grabbed a few photos with my cell phone today. Not a lot to see yet except the rockwork layout and the few corals I've added. I haven't really put any corals in the final spot yet. It always takes me several tries to figure out where stuff needs to go.

Front View - 12-6-15.jpg
Front view

LH View 12-6-15.jpg
Left Hand Side

RH Side 12-6-15.jpg
Right Hand View

Here's a couple of shots of the frag tank with the rest of the corals waiting to go in to the display. You can still see a few browned out corals in there. I went far too long without water changes. Colors are slowly getting better though now that I've been paying more attention.

Frag Tank LH 12-6-15.jpg
Frag Tank LH

Frag Tank RH 12-6-15.jpg
Frag Tank RH
- Phil -

Tanks: 270G Mixed Reef; 80G Frag Tank

Fish: Blonde Naso Tang, Copperband Butterfly, Long Nose Butterfly, Regal Angel, Majestic Angel, Potter's Angel, Royal Gramma, Rhomboid Wrasse, Pink Streaked Wrasse, Geometric Pygmy Hawkfish, Yellow Tail Blue Damsels, Midas Blenny, Lyretail Anthias, Chocolate Mimic Tang, Yellow Eye Kole Tang
Dakota Reef
SFAAS Supporting Member
SFAAS Supporting Member

Postby iced98lx » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:15 am

Wow! What a change, it'll be fun to watch it grow in again!
iced98lx
Board Member
Board Member

First Name: Chris
Tank Overview: 29g BioCube & 180RR Build IP

Postby mikembe » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:26 pm

Looks great. Nice, clean, and colorful.
mikembe
SFAAS Supporting Member
SFAAS Supporting Member

Previous