Sea Swirl Group Buy - Significant Discounts

A place for all non-specific SFAAS discussion.

Sea Swirl Group Buy - Significant Discounts

Postby cdness » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:20 am

This is a special Group Buy opportunity in response to the Red River Reef and Reptile Expo which I would like to extend to our friends in Sioux Falls Area Aquarium Society. I am not sure where it can be posted or if it can be posted so if I have stepped over a line please let me know. I know many of you have traveled to our event so it is an opportunity you should be able to take advantage of.

With the Sea Swirl sponsorship of the Red River Reef and Reptile Expo event Ed has offered us up the chance to purchase units at significant pricing discounts. By significant I am talking $100 - $150 off retail pricing!!! The catch to this is I cannot advertise the prices online or send them out in ANY written form and it all has to be handled via phone call. This is a MAJOR deal and one that everyone should look at. Here are the models he has available to the group buy:

1/2" Sea Swirl
3/4" Sea Swirl
1" Sea Swirl
1.5" Sea Swirl
Multi-Size Sea Swirl
Sea Sweep

For those who do not know about these, the Sea Swirl is a device that rotates the output of your return flow from the sump causing a great circulation pattern in your tank. The Sea Sweep is a device you can mount a powerhead to and it will rotate the powerhead to cause a nice random flow pattern. Here's some more info on the Sea Swirl:

1/2" model is mounted in a 5 1/2" x 3 1/4" x 2 1/2" black plastic box & uses a 4 watt motor
small 5 watt motor for 3/4" and 1" models are mounted in a 7"x 5"x 2 1/2" black plastic box
9 foot electric cord
2 viton o-rings seal around a specialty filled pipe for an extremely low coefficient of friction and giving superior lubrication!!!
motor is ul listed and csa certified
floating ball joint type linkage is used to connect motor shaft to oscillating pipe
oscillates 90 degrees every 60 seconds
180 degree oscillating capability available on 1/2" and 3/4" models with optional "y" fitting
o-rings are permanently lubricated with a synthetic teflon grease
outer oscillating pipe is machined for standard schedule 40 fittings
1/2 and 3/4" models supplied with loc-line on outlet (these are adjustable up or down approx. 30 degrees)
total height with fitting attached on top:
- 1/2 inch model - 4 1/4 inches
- 3/4 inch model - 4 3/4 inches
- 1 inch model - 5 1/4 inches
flow rates for each model as follows:
- 1/2 inch model - 550 gph
- 3/4 inch model - 850 gph
- 1 inch model - 1150 gph

Please see the site http://www.sea-swirl.com/index.htm for more information about each specific model to see which one would fit your needs the best.

I am also going to post this deal over on the Frozen Ocean site and Sioux Falls Aquatics to make sure we can get to the goal of at least 12 units sold.

Dirty Details for the Group Buy:

1. All purchases are handled through me. For EXACT pricing please call me (Curtis Ness) on my cell phone at 218-779-9691. As stated, I cannot send these prices out in writing of ANY form which means no email, text, forum posting, or private message. Everything will need to be done via phone call.

2. Money will need to be delivered to me in advance so I can get it into the bank and transfer the money to Sea Swirl. I cannot front the money for this so if the money is not in my hand, you will not have one ordered.

3. Each item will have a $3.00 shipping charge added to cover the overall shipping charges. Items will need to be shipped to my home in West Fargo and can be picked up there. I can arrange another person to pick yours up if you would like, but please make sure to send me those details. I can arrange to ship it out to you for actual shipping costs or maybe we can set up a multiple unit shipment to someone in Sioux Falls to handle the distribution.

4. The minimum purchase quantity is 8, but our goal for the best pricing is 12. If at all possible, let's try hit the goal of 12 pieces.!

This is the first Group Buy I have facilitated so stay tuned and let's make this a good one! Any questions, please call me or post on this thread.
cdness

First Name: Curtis
Tank Overview: 125G Mixed Reef

Re: Sea Swirl Group Buy - Significant Discounts

Postby Railcar79 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:25 am

I am available to haul these ro SF and deliver.
Railcar79
SFAAS Supporting Member
SFAAS Supporting Member

First Name: Nik
Tank Overview: .5g Betta, 20g l Turtle, 72 bow lps reef, and a 55g fresh IP

Postby hc2025 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:24 am

Whats the ball park price
hc2025
SFAAS Supporting Member
SFAAS Supporting Member

First Name: Erik
Tank Overview: 55 gal reef display 29 gal sump refug. 20 gal long frag tank

Postby cdness » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:20 am

The ballpark prices will fall between 27% and 46% off retail pricing... I cannot post the prices online at all... Please call me and I will tell you all of the prices over the phone. This is one of the rules directly from Ed at Sea Swirl "No posting prices at all in writing". Please give me a call and we can chat on the pricing. My cell number is 218-779-9691.
cdness

Postby cdness » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:48 pm

Not much action on this here or the other posts... This may not happen. If interested let me know ASAP and we will see if we can get 12 units between those interested.
cdness

Postby cdness » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:16 pm

Last bump before this hits the abyss... If anyone is interested let me know ASAP. I can have Nik transport back to SF no worries on additional shipping costs.

Send me a PM, email cdness at gmail dot com or call 218- seven seven nine - 9691 to reach me.

Thanks!

Curtis
cdness

Return to General SFAAS Discussion