Review: Tunze Scraper (Glass Tank)

Tanks, lighting, heater, pumps and all other aquarium gear.

Review: Tunze Scraper (Glass Tank)

Postby iced98lx » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:22 pm

Up until now I've always had a traditional "Velcro" style scraper on my tanks, and while it took some effort, they worked fine. The other day I traded someone a pump for a brand new in box Tunze scraper long (though I wanted the strong). I cleaned the big tank with it today and must say:

Go buy one of these

This thing is awesome. I know Matt has a strong in stock and get all the kinds, these things are sweet and I am very impressed with how fast it made it. Best part is nothing to catch sand and scrape the glass, so you can get down to the sand, right up to the silicone etc. Very happy with this acquisition.
iced98lx
Board Member
Board Member

First Name: Chris
Tank Overview: 29g BioCube & 180RR Build IP

Re: Review: Tunze Scraper (Glass Tank)

Postby shifty51008 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:34 pm

Nice review, ive always been a fan of tunze equipment, great quality stuff. Still have my 10+ year old tunze pumps running. If i didnt have my piranha glass cleaner i would give this a try.

Is this the new style tunze care magnet?
shifty51008
SFAAS Supporting Member
SFAAS Supporting Member

Tank Overview: 75 gal mixed reef

Re: Review: Tunze Scraper (Glass Tank)

Postby mikembe » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:42 pm

Not to be a Debbie Downer but I bought the nano version and wish I didn't. It's absolute garbage like all Tunze products (I have 2 skimmers and know someone that bought a skimmer & ATO which suck).
It could just be that the Nano magnets aren't as strong as the bigger versions but I like my mag float much better and that doesn't hold a candle to an Algae Free product like a Hammerhead, Pirahna etc.
I would love to hear what local peeps say about the Flippers which I've yet to try.
mikembe
SFAAS Supporting Member
SFAAS Supporting Member

Return to Equipment Discussion